These are quick to make and better tasting than the store version.
- 1/3 C milk
- 1/4 C honey
- 1.5 C whole wheat or Graham flour
- 1 C white flour
- 1/4 C packed brown sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/3 C soft butter
- 1/4 C shortening like Crisco
- Mix the milk and honey in a small bowl. Set aside
- Put everything else in a large bowl and cut in the butter and shortening with a pastry cutter and mix well.
- Add the milk/honey and stir till you can make a ball. If it's on the dry side, add a tablespoon =/- of milk. The ball should be on the softside so it's easier to roll out.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/8". That's pretty thin and if yours is a little thicker just bake a couple minutes longer.
- Punch holes in each cracker with a fork and arrange on a cookie sheet. They can be close together as they don't rise.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until just starting to brown. More brown = crisper, less brown = softer, both good.
I shake a generous covering of cinnamon sugar just before putting in the oven.
You can eat them as soon as you won't burn your fingers. There were a few more in the batch but I ate them before I took the picture. Enjoy !